Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I got a job and now I can move! Yay Me!

Yep, got me a job. I start tomorrow. See, I passed the drug screening! I told you I wasn't a druggy. So there. It was quite an experience. I haven't been on a job interview for over 6 years (I was with my last job for over 5) so I wasn't prepared for the way things have changed. I was looking at several companies but this particular job was the easiest. Emailed my resume, phone screening with questions from the local office manager, job interview locally, another interview with the VP and Corporate office manager at Corp. Headquarters in another town over an hour away and then a drug screening. OH! And after I passed that, another phone conversation with corporate office manager about salary expectation and then another conversation with the local office manager about when to report for work, when pay day is and what to wear. Damn. I used to just fill out an application, go on an interview and get hired. And like I said, the other companies were more complicated than that. Six or seven steps to the hiring process, no shit. I got another offer from one of those but I'm going to take this one. Mainly because they offered me the highest amount I was hoping to start for and I get a raise in 90 days after their evaluation.

Mainly, I'm excited because now I get to look for a new house to live in, for just my daughter and me again. My child support is a good amount and has paid half the bills her so far but if I want to move then I needed more. Getting the higher end of the pay that I was hoping for means we can rent a house in the best part of town where we lived before. Jenna went all through grade school there so she has always wanted to move back. The commute will be quicker for me too there so it's a win/win. Time to go house hunting. I want a yard for my kitties to roam and to have back yard BBQs, I want to be able to set up an above ground pool in the summer and I want to get a pool table for the garage for when my friends come over. And at least 2 bedroom and 2 bath. I don't think Jenna and I can share a mirror in the morning. I don't think that's asking too much but we'll see what I can find on short notice.

AH did something nice.......I know........I don't usually say anything nice about him but I will give him credit when he deserves it. He knows I am starting my new job tomorrow and brought me home a bottle of wine to relax me and help celebrate. Ok, it was Sangria and in a jug but I'm OK with that. Baby steps. He's been on his best behavior since I told him I got the job. He's trying to save our relationship (relationship, ha!) and thinks he can pull it off before I move. I keep telling him it's not going to work but he won't believe me. Oh well, I guess whatever gets him to behave will just make my last days here easier.

Anyway, that's what's up and I am more cheerful tonight thanks to my new job and the Sangria. Sorry about the downer post before but I usually post stuff just to get it out so it's gonna happen sometimes. Peace.

11 Comments:

  • At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (Previous post) Returning your advise, wipe off the prints girl!

    CONGRATULAIONS! Damn! Wonderful news, so very happy for you. And I'm sure Jenna is totally over the top happy! The Boy doesn't like where we live beccause it's in the country, but he gets his license in one week and 2 days (he's counting and so am I) so it'll be easier on him then!

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Kav said…

    Congrats! That's great news Sherri...after following your recent ups and downs, it's great to see something like this happen for you.

    Good luck with the house-hunting! You're in a really nice position now - you have OPTIONS again!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Dark Damian said…

    That's fantastic news, Sherri! Now I'll have someplace to crash whenever I raid Oregon. Congrats!

    Oh - what's up with you stealing my ending tagline, homie? Don't you know you gotta pay a fee for that? C'mon, now.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger janjan0000 said…

    That's awesome news!!!
    Congratulations!

    (but phew, what a process)

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger fyrchk said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! (You have no idea how many tries it took for my fingers to work to type that shit.)

    I wish you all the best at the new job and in the new house search!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's wonderful!!! Good luck with everything.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Pass me another cold one said…

    Freakin awesome news Sherri!!

    I wish it was so easy to get a fulltime job here where I moved back to,,,,sigh,,,I will continue to chug along,,.
    It's worth it to be free from my DickHead.

    Good luck on the house shopping,,your ship has come in babe,and it's only gonna get better. Don't let AH,,,suck you back into the abyss, because your blogger buddies may have to come and smack you upside the head with a reality fish!!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    Yea Sherri! It's a process to get a job anywhere anymore. Where I work you have to do 2 interviews, take personality test, a reading comprehension test, a drug test, have a credit and a criminal check done.

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    katie - Country is hard on teens. My daughter told me we need to move "where there's PEOPLE, Mom".

    Kav - Yes, definately. Options are good.

    DeeDee - Thanks for the congrats and, oh yeah,I got your fee hangin'. Uh....Ok....no I don't. Word.

    j - Thanks!

    fyrchk - Thanks, also! You guys are sooo cool.

    Freshairlover - I'm gonna need all the luck I can get! I haven't had to learn a new job in about 7 years!

    PMACO - Hang in there, you'll get something soon!

    Paula - that sounds about right.

    Bigdawg - You're not gonna help me move???? Seriously??? Well then what the hell good is it for you to be that big? Whatsa matta.....is there no muscle there? Huh? Huh? I'm not feeling this love you speak of having for me, Boy.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoyed a lot! » »

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home