Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Friday, June 30, 2006

River Fun

What up?

I've been trying to stay away from home as much as possible lately. I'm avoiding being around Asshole. If I'm not here then he can't bother me, right?

My daughter and I went to Vancouver, WA Saturday afternoon to visit my friend, Paula. They had plans to go to the river the following day with a group of people and allowed us to come along too. Paula and her husband have two wave runners. Paula also brought Tequila and she and I hurt ourselves a little. We were both going too fast over the wakes and wrecked at separate times. We ended up at the Urgency Care clinic that night getting her foot X-rayed and since I was there, I had them do mine too. She broke a bone in her foot and I broke my toe. We decided not to bring Tequila next time.

This is a list of my alcohol related injuries over the years:

  • I fell down attic stairs and broke my left foot

  • I went white water rafting on the McKenzie river and the guys I was with knocked me over the side trying to "save the beer" and I snapped my right leg between two rocks breaking the bone just above my ankle.

  • My friend tried to run down a flight of 12 concrete steps while having a hold of my arm making me trip on the second one and tumble down the rest causing a dent and nerve damage along my right shin.

  • I tried to walk down a bark dust covered embankment in high heels and a mini skirt, bucked my ankle and broke my left foot AGAIN.

  • And now I have a broken toe and swollen foot from this latest wave runner incident.

I did, however, have a great time. I try my best to have fun and I'd do it all again so I'm sure this won't be my last injury. So, if you're coming partying with me, please be sure to take the necessary precautions.

18 Comments:

  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger Kav said…

    Have to say, I laughed my ass off reading your blog. Hilarious stuff! Keep it up.

    :-)

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Necessary items:

    - Gauze
    - Fully-paid insurance premiums
    - On-duty lifeguards, paramedics, ER doctors, and one mortician (just in case)
    - Benedryl cream
    - 1 walking boot
    - Crutches
    - Prescription pain medication
    - Splints
    - A thick paperback book (for reading while in the Waiting Area)
    - 1 condom (to preserve a severed finger. Get your mind outta the gutter. I didn't say Trojan Magnums, did I? OK, then.)
    - 4 butterfly band-aids
    - An extra bra (again, just in case)

    I'm all set. Let's go.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    Kav - Gosh, thanks! And welcome.

    DD - All I heard was M-M-M-Magnums, Bra and Let's Go. Did I get that right? Or was it Paramedics, prescription thick condoms, and a butterfly bra? I'm all confused now.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    Good times! Did you get my email I sent of my permanent cast. Do you like the color choice? ~P

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Elle said…

    I'm sorry but I'd have tried to "save the beer" too.

    You'd have still have a broke ass leg.

    But we would have laughed and hugged and still been friends.

    Yo.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger mikster said…

    Saving the beer is a priority...bummer at your expense though.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger dirk.mancuso said…

    Sweet lord almighty!

    We would not be good drinking buds. I have been so drunk I have fallen into band amps, laid down in traffic, and tried to crawl through sun roofs.

    On cars that didn't have them.

    If we partied, one of us would end up in a body cast. Hell, both of us, probably.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    Y'all want to see what Sherri looks like after too much booze and too much sun? Hop on over to my blog.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    Everyone: Pay no attention to the woman with the Martini and do not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES go to her blog. She carries bad joo joo and, if you get too near her, your face will melt, your nose will get huge and your tits will stretch down to your waist.

    Doc T - As long as the beverages flow, there will probably be another accident in it for me.

    Laurie & Mike - Oh, I'm still friends with the guys. I forgave them. At least they had a good excuse for trying to drown me under a 12 man raft going down the rapids of the McKenzie river and breaking my leg. It IS beer after all.

    Dirk - Sounds like we'd have a great time! How much is a body cast? I'll start saving up.

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger Paula said…

    Oh Sherri, it was all done in fun. I'll take the pics down. You know I've been bored, gotta fill my time doing something :) ~P

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Dark Damian said…

    Nah, you heard right.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Kav said…

    My worst alcohol related injury was in June 99, right before I was due to leave for America for the summer. Myself and the lads were hammered, and we were "freestyling" to the Beastie Boys...

    ...bear in mind that I am Irish, and I can't rap (or sing), so I use the word "freestyling" loosely.

    Anyway, when one of us was "on the mic", we had to stand on a pillar about two feet high (used to stop cars parking on the kerb). During my incredible flow, I leapt off the pillar backwards and landed on the edge of the kerb. My ankle did a sideways crunch, and to this day, I don't know how I didn't break it.

    You know how it is when you get locked though - I danced on that foot in a club that night, and didn't really feel the pain until the next morning.

    I flew to New York the day after. Best. Summer. Ever.

    ;-)

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm still sporting a bruise from a tequila related wipeout in my garage.
    Although I blamed the husband since it's a disaster zone in there.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger CP said…

    I'll bring the bubble wrap!

    CP.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    Paula - I forgive you and I MIGHT not get even ;)

    DD - Yeah, I thought so

    Kav - Damn, that sounds like it hurt!!! Making me cringe here. I think your party style is worthy though so you can come along too!

    J - Love love LOVE Tequila! You're my kinda girl!

    Bigdawg - Was nice to see ya. And don't think I won't at least TRY to dance with broken stuff. I think I remember bailing mid-song though. Sorry about that but you were busy anyway. Eh.

    CP - Bubble wrap. GREAT idea! It can double as a floatation device. Not that you or I (or Laurie) need much help floating from what I've seen. *wink*

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger CP said…

    HELLLLLLOOOOO????


    July 9th here!

    Update it already woman! *L*

    CP.

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Paula said…

    Yes, what CP said!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just could not leave your web site before suggesting that I extremely loved the standard information a person supply for your guests?
    Is going to be back ceaselessly in order to
    check up on new posts

    my website: insurance for businesses

     

Post a Comment

<< Home