Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Friday, June 16, 2006

Catching Up on Stuff

OK. As much as I know y'all love it when I drag what should be a very short story out into a page long boring ass post that takes your whole fucking day to read, I'm gonna try to be brief today because I'm feeling fat and lazy and I have a couple of things I wanted to post so I'm gonna put them both in one.
..................................................
Last Thursday night, my friend invited me over to hang out for the day with her. Like the good little friend I am, before I left my house I had grabbed the half bottle of Cuervo, half bottle of Sauza and the Cranberry juice outa the fridge and took them with me. I got there and she was no where to be found. We (the booze and me) sat on her front porch for 3 hours. 3 FUCKING HOURS. I had gotten there a little after noon and was shit faced on her porch when she finally got home around 4:00 and more than a little hurt and pissed off. I made her apologize about a thousand times and hung around there for the day. I left her house at midnight and decided to go by my bank to get some cash on the way home. I got a little too close to the ATM and when I went to leave I discovered I was stuck. My side mirror had slid along the surface of the ATM and ended up in a 2 inch deep groove in the machine casing and I couldn't go anywhere. Well, that's not true. I could pull forward 2 inches and back 2 inches and that's it. I pitched a fit. Stomping my feet and trying to pry my mirror loose with my hands while hanging out the window and driving my car repeatedly 2 inches forward and back. I would pay good money for that surveillance video footage. Oh, and my cell phone battery was dead and I forgot my charger at home. I finally realized that it was either leave my car there all night and walk 5 miles home or screw around trying to get free until a cop came by and gave me a DUI for still having tequila in my blood and being stuck on an ATM machine. I decided against both of those options. With tears in my eyes, I put my foot on the gas. Snap! My mirror went flying and I was free. What kind of idiot gets stuck on an ATM and busts the mirror off their own car on purpose to get free? My car is a 1996 Nissan Sentra and it's nothing great but it's paid for and is no junker either. I need my head examined. It actually turned out OK though, I took my door and the mirror assembly apart the other day and It will be pretty easy to fix and I can do it myself. Yes, I do that. I take shit apart and fix it. I know that's weird for a girl but that's just me I guess.
...................................................
I went out this Wednesday also and ran into Fighter Boy's dad. He came up to me and asked if I had heard anything about FB (Fighter Boy) recently. I told him that FB's wife called me and I had backed off and hadn't talked to him since. He said that FB and his wife were living in the same house but that she had caught seeing another man and they have been technically separated but neither one wants to give up the house so he was still living there. He told me also that FB is in jail for a DUI right now. Apparently, he was in jail before for getting in a fight in a bar and since he was on probation when he got the DUI they put him back in jail. He's not sure for how long. He told me that his son really seemed to "have a soft spot for me" and that if I would write him a letter or go visit him that it might cheer him up. He's not sure how long he's gonna be there for. What a fucking mess. I usually don't associate with criminal types but I guess I can understand how someone could get in a fight at a bar and also get a DUI a year later. Hell, I've even gotten in a bar fight and wasn't I just the one with my car stuck on the ATM machine? Not my brightest moment to say the least but we all make mistakes. I haven't decided whether I'm gonna write to him or go visit. I need to think on this one. Anyone who wants to give me advice is welcome to. This is a new one for me.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger fyrchk said…

    1. You need to call the jail and see if you have to be on his visiting list before you show up. Some jails won't let you in unless the inmate has filled out a form with your name on it saying he would allow you in to see him.

    2. Don't put money on his books. I see so many guys with four and five women putting money on their books so they can buy commissary. Let his parents do it.

    3. Good luck with whatever you decide!

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Boobless Brigade Master said…

    Hmmmm...this is a tough one. I see where you're coming from with your line of thinking. It could happen to anyone. If you consider him one that would make a good friend...write or visit...just make it clear that it's based soley on friendship and nothing more.
    As far as the rest of his home life situation...still inexcusable in my opinion. He could have been honest with you and told you exactly what was going on...but he didn't. Makes one wonder what else he hasn't been honest about. And now that he's gone...the home situation should be solved...she wins the house. It will be interesting to see what other reason they have to keep in touch if you know what I mean.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger dirk.mancuso said…

    Cracking up here from the visual of you at the ATM. Would soooooooo love to see that video...

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger CP said…

    Um, run, do not walk, in the other direction.

    Stay away from men in jail who have their fathers do their talking for them.

    Take heed in what the wife said to you back when she called.

    Bar fight and DUI in one year? Um, no.

    Generally, you do not go to jail for ONE DUI.

    You are better than this scenario, Sherri. Much better. The whole situation just reeks. I would stay the hell away from it, Sherri.

    But, that's just me.

    CP.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    Ditto what CP said.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger mikster said…

    Good choice in not mailing the letter...negates what I was gonna say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home