Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I HATE my new job

HATE. HATE. HATE it. Get ready for a friggin rant. On your mark, get set, GO!!!!

Actually, I don't even know if I hate my job or not yet because I am too distracted dealing with the old ladies I work with to even give a shit what the job is all about at this point. I am in a 3 person office and I am the 3rd person. The office manager is 65 and the other lady is 69. No shit.

The office manager is a HORRIBLE trainer. I am not blaming her for some lack of learning ability on my part. I have NEVER had a problem learning a job. I also trained many people over the years at my old job and I have never upset anyone. She has reduced me to the point of rage tears both yesterday and today. She is going on vacation the week after next so she is stressing out about me being fully trained in the next 7 working days and was frustrated that I don't know it all already by the middle of the 3rd day there. (even though she admitted that it took way longer than that with the last 2 employees that were there).

First of all, I don't see how her vacation plans are my fucking problem and as much as I really do like her as a person, I think she needs to chill the hell out before I tell her how bad her training skills suck ass and second, she uses the wrong terms for everything and it's not helping me to understand her. Oh, and hey you half senile depends wearing old bag, there is no RETURN key on a modern keyboard. It's called ENTER. And the reason I am having trouble navigating quickly in their computer program is because it's ancient and I am used to being able to use things like DELETE and BACKSPACE and having automatic wrap around (without having to push enter at the end of every damn line of text). I'm used to exiting screens using F3 not F7 then F2 then F9 (with no prompts for reference), and using TAB to change fields instead of pressing ENTER and, say it with me again, THERE IS NO FUCKING RETURN KEY......IT'S CALLED ENTER!!! Damn. Is it too much to ask for her to understand that I am having to retrain my brain on the functions there? and that it may take a little longer for it to become 2nd nature to me than say....oh..... a total of about 2 hours, over the span of 3 days, of actual computer time instead of reading a fucking procedure manual (the one she said they don't follow most of the time anyway because a lot of the things in there "don't work for their office"). Shoot me in the head. I was 2 seconds away from quitting today at lunch.

No one should EVER have to be treated the way I have over the past 2 days. I was asked why I wasn't "getting it" and "what the hell the problem was" and that I didn't need to read what was going on with the account and to just dial the # and ask for their car payment "it's that simple". Yeah, ya know it probably is once you tell me where to find the fucking monthly payment amount and show me how to post a payment by phone. Bitch. What the hell? But I hung in there and bit my tongue. I sucked it up, nodded my head and said "I'll try harder, whatever you need me to do, I'll do it" with visible tears in my eyes. This is SOOOOOO fucking against my nature and was so hard to do. But I did it because I need this job.

She knows she's being impossible too. She has apologized for her behavior and training methods at the end of both days but it is wearing me the fuck out and I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it through this without telling her to go fuck herself and walk out the door. I'm going to stick it out at least through the week then I may be calling the other place that offered me a job for a little lower pay. If this keeps up, it would be worth it. This SOOOOO sucks. I was all happy, happy, joy, joy, too and excited about my new job. I was going to have nice things to say and funny, cheerful stories about my new coworkers. Now I'm just stuck with this hot flashing saggy skinned hag (and her yappy little ankle biting sidekick) who seems to get off on trying to make me feel stupid. Pray for me, folks. And I'll do my best to try and not push her down the stairs.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home