Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Saturday, August 12, 2006

UPDATE on the job from Hell....

Thank you soooooo much to those of you who had faith in me to be able to stick it out but I quit my new job at 9:46am on Thursday.

Yep, I made it through exactly 46 minutes of her starting in on me again implying there was something wrong with me and saying "there just has to be a sense of urgency, Sherri, I'm going on vacation after next week, you know!" Again.....NOT MY FAULT when you scheduled your damn vacation. I need to be given more than 3 days to learn a new job. Maybe that's just me. I had every confidence that I would be completely capable of working my accounts, answering the phones and making decisions on my own within the next 7 working days. I wasn't even going to need that long. It was going to happen, it really was. No problem. I had it covered. Then the Hag had to fuck it all up stressing and bitching and shit at me. She's lucky I haven't had my grandma go kick her ass.

That woman really has some serious mental issues, I swear she does. Either that or she's going senile. All nicey nice one minute calling me Honey and Sweetie then snarling and pointing her finger at me yelling "why aren't you getting it?" and "what's the problem?" Me: "Uh.....I wasn't aware there was a problem but if I'm not learning fast enough for you then I guess I'll try harder." Now I wish I would have told her exactly what the problem was. That she's a crappy trainer and she's all mixed up in her head so she doesn't explain things with all the necessary information and using the right words. Is 65 years old when people start getting Dementia and Alzheimer's? She made me cry in the bathroom 3 days in a fucking row out of frustration in not being able to strangle her and push her down the stairs. I can see it all happening...

"Oh, I'm sorry Ms. Hag. I didn't mean to shove your stupid ass....uh... I mean, accidentally trip you and make you fall down all those stairs. Oh, my goodness! Your leg is at such an odd angle. Do you think you may have broken a hip or two on the way down??? Gosh, I would come down there and help you off the ground but I'm just too stupid to navigate my way down these gosh darn stairs. They just seem so complicated and you know me....I just don't seem to be getting it. Would I call an ambulance for you? Well, sure. I’ll call just as soon as I locate the phonebook. Would it be anywhere near that manual you've had me reading for the last 3 days? 911?? Oh, sure, I can call that. What's the # for them and just how do you work that darn phone again? Oh, my! Look at the time. Ms. Hag (in a crumpled heap at the bottom of the stairs), I'd love to stay and chat but I'm really feeling that sense of urgency you were talking about so I need to get back in there to learn how to work my accounts. I'll toss you an aspirin for the pain. Maybe that will help you in your dilemma. It's the least I can do after all the help and patience you've given me. No, really. It's the very least I can do."

The corporate office called me later that afternoon and asked what happened. I told them that her....ahem.....training style and my learning style were not compatible and that we had issues with that over the past few days. He told me that she had been under some stress lately and was frustrated with not having a 3rd person there to make the accounts current and perhaps had unintentionally taken that out on me and not shown a reasonable amount of patience with the training and learning process. My reply was that had to be the understatement of the year. He offered to have me go train at the corporate office instead. I thought about it for a minute. It would be an hour and a half drive each way and, even if that went well, what about having to work with the Hag day after day in very close quarters? I told him I appreciated him offering to work with me on this issue and that it said a lot for the company extending me that level of courtesy after I had basically walked out on them. I also told him that I believe my working relationship with the Hag had been damaged past the point of repair and that I wish them the best of luck in finding my replacement. He told me to call him by noon on Friday if I changed my mind. I did not change my mind.

I really need a job and I know that there are things you have to put up with in order to be successful in the working world. Believe me, I have taken a lot of crap from PMSing, bitchy, condescending, egomaniac or jealous women in the past. I am not a fragile female. I can usually handle it. This time I couldn't and you know what.....I'm Ok with that. My self esteem has taken a lot of hits lately due to my home life and I decided that I'll be damned if I am going to escape from this place in my life just to land myself in a situation where another person with a bad attitude and who is, quite possibly, losing her mind berates me for 8 hours a day. OH. HELL. NO.

Another employer left a message for me on Friday to schedule an interview and I'm waiting to hear back from them on Monday. They are a large company and I've heard they have a great training program. It will all be OK. I also am going to check on a couple of other ones I pulled off the Employment Office's site yesterday. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Pass me another cold one said…

    Good luck girlfriend,,it sounds like your in good spirits and you have all your ducks in a row.

    I loved you "dream" spiel of the hag too by the way!!

    I find myself doing that daily!

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger janjan0000 said…

    Good for you though. I hope you royally screwed her vacation.
    People get what they give out, and all that stuff.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Kav said…

    Looking on the bright side, like j said, hopefully you ruined her vacation! ;-)

    Good luck with getting something else, hope a decent one comes along soon.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang in there chic - don't take what you can get, take what you deserve!

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking for information and found it at this great site... Kidsstoned chewable valium Clever answering machine http://www.forex-trading-5.info acuvue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home