Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My interview went well and THANK YOU

I had my interview today at 12:30. It's with a cell phone company as a customer service rep. Not exactly the amount of pay I would hope for but I would get a raise in 90 days and the job, from what I've seen, would be a cake walk compared to being a Revenue Agent (what I did for the last for 6 years). I also heard that it's very easy to move up to a higher position there relatively quickly because they reward you on performance and not seniority. A stress free work environment and feeling free to be helpful and pleasant sounds nice too. This was the final step of their 11 million step hiring process that I started on a month ago. I'm supposed to hear from them in 3 to 5 days on whether I got the job or not. It's gonna be a long week. I thought my horoscope for today was interesting. It said .....

"Keep focused on what's important. Larger influences are bringing your big picture into focus. The universe is setting up the perfect solution, you just have to make sure you're able to recognize and act when it does."

Sounds promising, right?

I did a great job in the interview too. If I don't get hired it will be for some other reason. I was poised, smiling, confident and had great examples for each of their questions. (and no, I didn't wear a low cut top, although they were boys in their late 20s and it might have helped) I was easy going and professional. I could tell by their reactions to my answers that I NAILED it. They were impressed. Yay me.

I really, REALLY wanna say something too. There are some people who comment on this blog who are the nicest people I have never met.

I am having a really hard time right now. In my near future I am facing changes in my love life, my home, my family, my work and my finances. I am sad, I am pissed and I am scared. Changing just one of those is tough but all at the same time is fucking terrifying. I have been doing nothing but bitching, cussing, complaining and feeling sorry for myself on this blog and I would expect people to be really sick of it by now and stop coming by. Instead, when things get tougher and I bitch harder to let it out, these amazing people leave a comment or two and give me words of encouragement, make me laugh and show they care. I even got a couple of ecards saying Happy Birthday (made me cry, BTW). Not quite the emotional abandonment I have become used to the last couple of years. You have no idea what that does for my quality of life right now. I just needed to say that.

Edit: I just got an email back from American Idol. They said the age range is 16-28. I checked because I couldn't find the info on their web site and I was seriously going to go to Seattle and audition on the 19th. I guess I won't have to make the trip (4 hrs) after all. They need to change that shit in my opinion. Oh, well. I'm sure a career at a cell phone company will be just as rewarding.

Edit # 2: Quote of the day: "Mom, LOOK! It's the Dipsy Chicks"

5 Comments:

  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Kav said…

    That's excellent, will keep you in my thoughts this week...good luck. The job sounds ideal at the moment considering how much other shite you've got going on - a 9-5 that you can forget about as soon as the clock hits 5.

    You may get your chance on American Idol - Simon Cowell does a show over here called X-factor which caters for everyone. There are 3 types of people: 16-25 year olds, 25 and overs, and groups. Basically anyone can enter it.

    It wouldn't surprise me if he set up something like that in the US as well.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Pass me another cold one said…

    Great job Sherri!!! I'm sure your gonna get the job,,and when your done with the job luck,,can you sent it up to your Great White Northern Buddie?

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm positive you aced it! Good things come to those to wait and all that jazz!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger fyrchk said…

    Ooohhhhhhhh........do you get free service? Cause that would rock!

    The girl on my blog who was a semi-finalist for Maxim...she auditioned for American Idol. She made it through the preliminary and has to go back again.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Sherri said…

    Kav - Good to know. I guess all hope is not lost.

    PMACO - Of course I'll send it on and I'll be wishing you luck until then too.

    Katie - Thanks!

    fyrchk - I'm not sure if it's free but I've heard that it's super cheap so we'll see. That would be cool because it would be like earning another $50.00 or so per month.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home