Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy Birthday to me.

Today is my Birthday. Yay. I'm 35 years old. This sooooooo sucks ass. I'm really hung over. I drank about a gallon of boxed wine with AH's sister-in-law (also my good friend) last night and then remembered that I hadn't eaten all day. So, Drunk Me came home and ate two whole Totino's pizzas all by myself. Then went to bed. Not the greatest idea.

On the job thing, I have an interview on Tuesday for a job that pays $2.00 per hour less than the one I quit. It's just going to have to work for now until I get something better. I'm also applying for a corrections officer job. The pay would be adequate and I enjoy shift work. Their hiring process takes about six weeks though so I won't know about that one for a while. I can TOTALLY see myself doing that and most people who know me well say the same thing. I guess I put off a "don't fuck with me" vibe or some shit, I don't know. My head hurts.

AH is off work today and tomorrow. Shhhhhh.....don't tell anyone but he was suspended from work yesterday for two days without pay. He didn't wake up until 45 minutes after he was supposed to be at work. They told him he'll be fired the next time. He thinks they're out to get him. I think he's right but I don't blame them. He keeps screwing up. He decided one day to take his company truck (semi) off his route and to his bank and took out a HUGE light pole in the bank parking lot. Also, the big bosses from out of town showed up at one of his accounts one day and he was sitting there, with his uniform shirt all unbuttoned and untucked, playing video poker. He wears shorts to work, when he's not supposed to, with hiking boots and a ratty old baseball hat from home. I could go on and on but you get the general idea. Just more of his usual charming self. Yeh, I can't imagine why they haven't given him that promotion he's been wanting. BTW, I just asked him if I can kick his ass for my birthday present. He's thinking on it.

What DO I want for my birthday?????? I haven't really thought about it. My mom is out of town and left me a $50.00 gift certificate to go have dinner at the Red Lobster. I think I'll take my daughter. She'd like that and she's good company.

She went camping with her dad and his she-bitch wife, Pristie, Monday night. When she got home yesterday, she told me that Pristie was being all nice to her and that she was trying to be her friend now. She also said she was asking a lot of questions about me. Am I working now or still in school, when I will be working and where .... that kind of thing. It only took a few minutes for my daughter to come to the conclusion that she had only been nice to her to find out information about me. They are pissed about the amount of child support he pays me. Long story. Short version is that I told him I wouldn't have it reviewed any more for increases and he asked Support Enforcement to review it anyway because he thought it would go down. It went up $120.00/month and they've been pissed at me for it ever since then. They told my daughter that I was trying to take all his money and that I had asked for the review. I got a copy of his written request and showed it to her. Dumbass. So, he's dropped the matter but she can't seem to let it go and keeps trying to get my daughter in the middle of it. It pisses me off. I called her yesterday and told her that all she's doing is proving that she can't be nice to Jenna without getting something out of it and that her behavior with my child sucks. She hung up on me. Wimp. Whatever, I got my point across. She'd better get her shit together, though or she's gonna open her front door one day and find me flying in and choking the stuffing outa her.

More violent thoughts ...... hmmmm ...... maybe I should see someone about that. Or maybe people just need to put less effort into being so shitty and try being actual decent, kind and thoughtful human beings who don't make me or my daughter cry. Just a thought.



Edit: My little brother just called me to wish me Happy Birthday. What a sweetheart. He said I sounded depressed. I told him I was sortof bummed out today. I need a job and I'm old. He asked if I wanna talk about it and how does that make me feel. (psychologist reference) Silly shit. I also told him that my cat just caught a bird and brought it to my patio door. Great. DEATH AT MY DOOR. ON MY BIRTHDAY. Is that some kind of sign? Hope not. Gees.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "She'd better get her shit together, though or she's gonna open her front door one day and find me flying in and choking the stuffing outa her. She'd better get her shit together, though or she's gonna open her front door one day and find me flying in and choking the stuffing outa her."

    This might be why we think you'd ge a good correction officer! Jus sayin. Cause you would

    Good luck with the interview!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger ButterSnatch said…

    I don't know you, but Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot about it being your birthday by the end of the post! Happy Birthday doll!

    You only have me beat by 3 months though, I'll be 35 in November!

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    Katie and B/S: Thanks!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Elle said…

    Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!

    I hate you though. You are younger than me.

    Bizatch.

    Hope you find a great paying job soon....just keep your chin up.

    Snakes on a Plane!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger fyrchk said…

    Happy Birthday! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and a good job!

    You'll like corrections. I love it.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Kav said…

    Happy birthday! from what I've read on here, I can totally picture you as a Corrections Officer! Good luck.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger mikster said…

    Happy (belated) birthday. With all that you described the AH thinks they're out to get him, huh?

    Best of luck on getting a job soon!

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well happy birthday!

    I'm sorry about your AH boyfriend and douchebag ex-husband. But your daughter sounds great!

    What's the new job you hope to get?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home