Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Thursday, April 20, 2006

My cat likes trashy romance novels

This is Kharma. When I found her she was so severely starved that she couldn't walk and needed help to eat soft kitten food. I was at a spot in my life where I was determined to not have a cat for a while so my daughter and I nursed her back to health for a week while I tried to find her a good home. At first, I thought I had found one but, sure enough, that fell through. So, I gave in to my (then) 6 year old's begging and paid the $250.00 NONrefundable pet deposit at my apartment and we had a kitty again. I remember thinking that she may as well have been a pedigree cat for that kind of money. I named her Kharma thinking at least maybe I'd earned some good karma for myself since I saved her an all and the rest is history.

She's 7 years old now and when she's not reading, she usually lays around sleeping, often in the bathroom sink. I guess she got that from me (the sleeping part, not the sink part). She will only drink fresh water out of a glass of her own and refuses to eat people food of any kind. She growls at the other cats when they get too close to her and she can clear a room with her kitty farts. I know that because she just did. GEESE, that stinks. I'll be right back, I gotta go find the air freshener ........................................................... Sorry about the interruption. She is actually very lady-like and dainty compared to other kitties and likes to be in the same room as me, ALWAYS. In fact, right now she's sleeping on my mouse pad. She still likes to play with the laser light and will occasionally do flips with the fake bird on the fishing pole thing. Once in a while, I can get her to play fetch or a game of hide and seek with me and my daughter. She happens to also have a head cold right now, poor baby.

I was thinking about kitties today because I scheduled our youngest two (Oscar and Mini, I'll post pics of them later) to be spayed and neutered. They're at that age now, yep, my babies are growing up! I'm an animal lover and have taken in many strays over the years. In fact, I have 3 inside kitties that were once strays and feed a very skittish one outside that we inherited when we moved in here so I hope you don't mind me quoting Bob Barker on ya. "Please, help to control the pet population, have your pets spayed and neutered". Anyway, thanks for putting up with the reminder, cheers to all you animal lovers out there and I hope you all have a great day!

Wait.......OMG!!! My cat just farted again, be thankful you don't have smell-a-post. Where the hell did I put that damn air freshener??? GottagoI'moutaherebye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home