Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Monday, May 15, 2006

He's not MY fighter

AH works 4 10hr days and has Mondays off. He had an eye appointment today at 3:30 and I went with him. It's his 3rd appointment with them because they screwed up the first two prescriptions. I TOLD him not to go to a place that does an eye exam for $9.95 but does he ever listen to me? NO! So he was in the back getting his 3rd exam and I was in the lobby when my cell rang showing an unknown #. I answered.

"Hello, is this Sherri?"

"May I ask who's calling?"

"Please, don't hang up but this is Fighter Boy's wife and I just wanted to ask you something."

*crickets chirping*

Then, with a cheery tone in my voice, "Oh, Hi!......Sure!......Go ahead!

"I'm not sure what my husband has told you but we are still together and I've learned recently that he may have been cheating on me and, woman to woman, I wanted to ask what's up with you two. I found out that he may have told you that we were not together anymore. Did you meet him the weekend that I was out of town? "

My whole heart went out to her and in that instant, I HATED men more than I ever have in my whole life.

She said he had been sneaking around to erase my # off their caller ID and when she asked him who I was, he lied and said he met me through his father. Then things weren't adding up and she found my cell phone # so she decided to call me and ask.

I assured her the best I could. I told her that I do know him, met him once and ran into him again another time and went with a group to Shari's for breakfast after being out. I told her that we do have each other's phone #s but there is nothing REALLY going on between us.

I could hear her sigh of relief.

Actually, there was more to it than that but I decided in that moment that it would do her no good to know that. Even though there is a VERY strong mutual attraction, we really have only seen each other twice so, technically, there really isn't anything serious going on between us. At least not yet. And I've been in her shoes, I know that some things women find out about their men hurt for a long time and I didn't want that for her. I know NOW to stay away from him because I don't homewreck and I think that's enough.

She asked if he had told me he was married. I told her the truth. It never came up and I had no reason to ask because I met him when he was out and his parents were there. I also told her that I was still with my boyfriend technically, even though we are almost broken up, so when I met him, I really wasn't in the market for another man.

AH came out of the eye clinic right about then so I told her why I had to quit the conversation for now but that I had her work # and if she wanted me to call her back, I would. She said yes and told me she appreciated me being willing to talk to her.

I really liked her from just the short conversation we had.

*sigh*

5 Comments:

  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger Boobless Brigade Master said…

    Ugh. Slimeball.
    My sympathy goes out to her and what an incredible woman you are!
    You two should totally get together for lunch and a little shopping and then the both of you should head back to her house. Let him see that you each have a new friend.
    Men.
    Grrrrrrr.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger mikster said…

    The guy doesn't have a lot of class. I don't understand people...men or women for that matter...if you're in a bad relationshipe get out...then find another person...so many feel they have to find someone 1st then dump the one they're with.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah!!! I agree with boobless brigade master!!! Give him the shock of his life when he sees the two of u together
    That was a brave thing u did. U probably saved that sister and her sanity!!!!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home