Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Things that make me happy

First, I don't have any money and I haven't been out so I haven't seen Z. (my school girl crush from the last post) I have been fighting the urge to go by the bar every night since then hoping to run into him. That would be soooo pathetic. Besides, I truly believe that things happen for a reason and if it is meant to be then I will see him again when the time is right. I can't date until I leave AH anyway. Even though it would be more than justified, it's just not me. I feel guilty enough for cuddling and falling asleep on his couch with him.

Second, I heard back from that cell phone company last Friday. She said they were "moving forward with my application". The last step is waiting for my background check and then they would be making the decision to offer me employment. She said that would take 10 days. She then told me that it would be at least a month before I could start, though, because the training class on 9/8 was canceled and the one on 9/24 is already full. I am doing what I can but I don't know if I can make it another month here. It wasn't bad news but it wasn't what I was hoping to hear so I'm going to still try to get something to make money until then.

I have been trying to be more positive. I'm tired of being bummed out and am trying to think of ways to get my mind off of AH and the job hunt in my free time. So, like my list of things that annoy me, I made another list of things that make me happy.

1. walking in the woods

2. the sound of rain

3. puppy breath

4. when my cat falls asleep on me

5. music

6. driving in the country

7. my daughter's laugh

8. watching Nick at Night programs

9. camp fires

10. Egyptian cotton sheets

11. seafood and steak

12. silver crayons

13. taking photos

14. singing

15. sleeping in

16. puddle stomping

17. watching the waves in the Ocean

18. long talks with Grandma

19. thunder storms

20. power tools

21. taking tests

22. full body massages

23. doing laundry

24. reading trashy romance novels

25. being out with my friends

26. grilling on the BBQ

27. burning incense and essential oils

28. Sauza Tequila and cranberry juice

29. amusement parks

30. watching George of the Jungle (movie)

31. cuddling

32. watching my daughter sleep

33. playing board games

34. stars and moon (anything)

35. going barefoot

36. jeans

37. memories of being with V (the one that got away)

38. a good challenge

39. karma

40. animals (any kind)

41. porch swings

42. down hill snow skiing

43. push up bras

44. brand new double A batteries, Roger Rabbit and Eros

45. vanilla scented anything

46. shopping

47. bubble baths and champagne with a good book

48. hearing "I love you"

49. flying

50. playing craps in Vegas

6 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tried to leave you a comment yesterday about how wonderful it is to have things that make you happy when you have to deal with such unhappy crap. And how I knew the happy would bring you through this all with a smile on your face. I really meant what I tried to say. But Blogger ate it and so I didn't get to tell you. So anyhow.....

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a great list! Just great.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Waddup yo, you snuggled up on some hot guy's couch or sumtin?

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck Sherri,
    Life can be depressing if u dont have a job and the bills keep pouring in. Good luck with the fone company too.
    Continue to think positive always. Urs best years are ahead of u!!!!
    Cheers!!!!!

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Pass me another cold one said…

    Hope everything's going better

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good list Sherri, nicely counterbalances all the hating and complaining I do. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home