Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Monday, April 24, 2006

The OTHER 2 Kitties


These are my other two indoor kitties. The black one is Mini and the white one with the black markings is Oscar.

I was sitting on the couch minding my own business one late November day when Jenna comes walking into the house with a little white puff ball in her arms and that look on her face. NO! NO,NO,NO,NO,NO and HELL NO! I was already feeding 2 strays, POLO and MEEKOO, and Kharma who lives inside. NO!!! ........ but, OMG how adorable let me hold him for a minute. She said that the neighbors found him all alone in their barn. There was no Momma cat so he appeared to have been dumped off in the country. The neighbors have a home for foster children and don't really have time to take care of animals and it was cold outside so I agreed to let him stay the night at least indoors. I got attached to him really fast because he came down with a cold right after that and then got pneumonia so I spent my time giving him warm baths to loosen the phlem and sitting with him by the humidifier and letting him sleep under my chin. Before I knew it, it was Christmas time and you can't just get rid of an animal at Christmas time so...I named him Oscar. There's really no story behind that, he just looks like an Oscar. He growls like a cougar and when AH scolds him he swipes at AH in retaliation. He cuddles with me and Jenna though and I swear he thinks he's a dog or a small bear. His personality goes from whiny baby boy to Mr 10-foot-tall-I-can-take-on-anyone-or-anything. But he's officially staying with us and that's that.

Mini was my friend's kitten and she's just a little older than Oscar. My friend broke up with her boyfriend and had to move so I agreed to take her. They had named her Miss Bliss and she was a holy freakin' terror. She was vicious and outa control when we first got her and the name just didn't fit. I started calling her Meanie instead of Bliss. My daughter is the animal whisperer though, if I hadn't mentioned it before, and now she's a sweetheart. She loves to play with Qtips and will play fetch for hours. She's probably the smartest cat I've ever had and after she got to be so nice we switched her name to Mini instead of Meanie. My friend is going to take her back though when I move because I can't have 3 cats in an apartment. We'll miss her but we can always visit.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I went from laughing hysterically over the stench post to going 'Awwwwwwwww!' like I was watching the san Diego Zoo Panda Cam when I saw the kittens. I just ended up with two new ones myself...bringing the total up to 7. That little white one, Oscar, is friggin' adorable!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home