Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Wildlife Post

I went out with my friend on Thursday for Karaoke and Ladies Night ($1.00 beers and $2.00 well drinks, 9 to midnight).

If it wasn't a full moon that night, it was damn close to it and my friend and I started on the well tequila and crans at 9:01. I usually drink only Sauza Tequila and Cran but for $2.00, is a girl supposed to pass THAT up?

So, I spent all of Friday (the next day) with the hang over from hell. I usually don't have one so hurling the whole day after is new to me. I called my friend about 3:00 pm and she was hosing off the deck where she puked also. NO MORE WELL TEQUILA for these girls. EVERRRRRRR!!! I will be loyal to my darling Sauza Tequila and I will never stray again. I don't care if it costs a little more. It is WELL worth it. (get it? WELL worth it)

I was sitting on the couch about 5:00 on hangoverfromhellday, at least I was finally upright, and the kids came bursting in saying something about baby birds falling in the shop. I yelled for them not to touch the birds and scrambled for my flip flops and ran down there. There were 2 baby birds, obviously newborns, laying huddled together on the concrete. So sad. One of them wasn't breathing but the other was still alive. I scooped them both up with an old hand towel, put them in a box and headed up to the house to make some calls. I snapped the picture below while I was on hold.



The Humane Society (local Animal Shelter) gave me the name of Turtle Ridge Wildlife Center and as luck would have it, they were less than a mile a way. I arrived there in less than ten minutes with my daughter and step-daughter and the baby birds.

They had lots of wild animals there including a pack of 6 baby racoons. The look on Jenna's face was priceless. I asked the lady there if they have any need for a 13 year old female volunteer. My daughter's face lit up again. She's the animal whisperer and wants to be a Vet when she grows up and I told the lady so.

She gave us the website address so we can fill out the volunteer application. What a sad event that turned into a good thing. Life happens that way. It's fate sometimes. I TRULY believe that.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Boobless Brigade Master said…

    Boo about the one baby bird, but YAY for the other one!
    You live in a better state than I do.
    (And I mean that literally and probably figuratively too! Ha!)
    The wildlife places around here will only accept birds that are native to MO.
    So, even though their parents migrated here to get away from the southern heat and they were technically born here...to bad.
    We, as in the collective U.S., really do need to change our immigration laws. Hee hee.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/lexapro]cipralex vivid dreams
    [/url]losiram kullananlar
    esertia no engorda
    entact umore
    intact uk

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]ribavirin 100 mg
    [/url] buy copegus online
    ribavirin 200 mg online
    purchase copegus

     

Post a Comment

<< Home