Farfa Kinowt

break the wine glass and fall toward the glass blowers breath

Friday, September 22, 2006

They don't really want me to use this feature, do they.

I have this great new feature on my Instant Messenger. Apparently, I can now appear offline and still chat with my contacts if I want to. Is said to click "here" for instructions on how to do it. So I did. And this is what I saw.



The best part of this is the little smiley, neutral and frowny faces at the bottom left of the screen next to the only writing that I was able to read on the page. It says "Is this topic helpful?".

I wish they had a comment box beside it for free form text. My ass would be typing in little teenie tiny letters "IT MIGHT BE IF I COULD FREAKING READ IT!!!"

Jenna just spent the last 10 minutes dying laughing at me because I had my face pressed up against my LCD monitor going cross eyed. I'm sooooooo fucking stubborn and I love a challenge.

Edit: I posted a screen print instead of the link because, apparently, it shows up with normal sized letters on OTHER PEOPLE'S computers and my post wasn't making any sense. On mine, the writing is in little teenie tiny ant sized letters that are not even remotely readable.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Paula said…

    huh???

     
  • At 4:16 AM, Blogger Sherri said…

    Paula - whadaya mean "huh"? Did you click on the link? Maybe I'm the only one who sees this.....?

     
  • At 4:05 AM, Blogger Kav said…

    Do you use a PC Sherri? DO you have a scrolling wheel on your mouse (between the left and right buttons)?

    If you can answer YES to these two important questions, while on that page, hold down the left hand Ctrl button, then roll your mouse wheel up or down.

    Hopefully the text size will change to something legible...

    If that doesn't work, just try clicking View on your toolbar, then Text Size, and change it from there.

    Hope that helps!

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Blogger Kav said…

    PS I was going to launch into one of those infomercials half-way through the above post, but then I forgot, and now it just looks sorta stupid. The questions aren't that important, really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home